Material and information about 2023-2024 Education economics lecture of EPOG+ Master 2, given by Hugo Harari-Kermadec. Syllabus
- Global trends
- School choice see also the very recent paper on Toulouse experiment (in French)
- Curriculum, ideology and fetishism
- Excellence and polarization. For further details on Principal component analyses, see theses videos for the general idea and implementation on R. My script for an application on the French higher education is available on request.
Previous years’ lectures
- Institutionalism: Marxism and the French regulation
- Access to higher education, Human capital and tuition fees (and sequence analyses)
Students’ presentations: fill the framapad
Possible topics: Student allowance, tuition fees, inequalities, marketisation, pedagogy (Freire, hooks), national case studies… some references. Any suggestions are welcome.
- October 5: UN benchmark for acheiving realistics human rights standards (Giovana, Victoria, Dries)
- October 12: Inequalities in India (Handa, Rossetti, Stock), digital education (Evite, Herbillon), gendered educational persistence (Pernegger, Pavicevic)
- October 19: gender disparities (Janssen, Zaffari, Andrade)
- October 26:
Evaluation: each group of student produces a written report, mainly a transcription of your oral presentation. The report is a short (6-10 pages for pairs, 8-14 for groups of 3), structured document, and can include images, tables or graphs used in the presentation, correctly referenced.
Deadline: November 13.